Are you ready to embark on a visual journey where creativity meets technology? At Tacton, we're on the hunt for a 3D Artist to join our ranks and redefine what's possible in the realm of real-time visualization and product configuration.
About the role
As a 3D Artist at Tacton, your mission is to breathe life into our customer projects by crafting high-quality visualization models for real-time applications, with a primary focus on product configuration You will be visualizing CPQV content in a 3D environment.
The job exists to meet the visual and technical requirements of customer projects, ensuring that high-quality 3D graphics are produced to support product configuration and visualization needs while working closely with a multidisciplinary team and applying creativity and structured work practices.
You'll become part of a diverse and dynamic team, collaborating with individuals who bring unique backgrounds and experiences to the table.
What you will do
As a 3D artist at Tacton your day-to-day will be a blend of creativity and technology, where you'll:
- Craft captivating 3D content that's tailor-made for diverse customer projects, with an emphasis on real-time applications.
- Bring 3D models to life using CAD geometry data or create them from scratch, turning mere references into mesmerizing visuals.
- Manage CAD data, including conversion, structuring, thinning, and further processing, to ensure data quality for real-time applications
- Prepare data to optimize its performance in real-time applications, harnessing the power of textures to enhance visual appeal.
- Create textures, covering everything from Bump and Normal Maps to Displacement Maps, all with a focus on distortion-free texture coordinate handling. Also use the PBR workflow.
- Set up materials in different tools for real-time applications, a crucial step in achieving the desired visual impact.
- Set up Tacton visualizer scenes, where you'll manage rendering processes to bring your creations to life.
- Utilizing customized automation processes based on company projects.
- Collaborate with our clients through technical communication, providing support for their technical concepts and contributing to estimate generation.
- Degree in Multimedia.
- At least 3 years of experience in a 3D Artist role or similar.
- Strong experience with 3D software (3Ds Max, Maya).
- Experience in Photoshop.
- Experience in CAD data management and optimization.
- Proficiency in English, both in spoken and written communication.
- Based in the US.
The recruitment process consists of:
- Screening call with Global Talent Acquisition Partner
- Personality test and logical ability test
- Business interview with our hiring manager
- Cultural and background interview with global talent acquisition
- Interview with internal partner
- Peer meeting
- Reference check
What we offer
A competitive salary and great healthcare package are certainly at the top of the list. How do flexible work hours (as long as you attend remote team meetings), and a great work environment sound?
At Tacton you will get the chance to develop your career in an organization that values teamwork and promotes individual growth. We offer a global and open environment working with the latest technology to solve important and complex problems in the manufacturing industry. We offer flexible working conditions, and our teamwork is based on knowledge sharing and professional respect.
Most importantly, we put high value on working as a team and having a great time together!
Our work culture and why you belong.
Collaborative, Engaged, Trustworthy, Customer-Oriented, and Visionary. Do any of these value words resonate with you? If so, we would love to hear more.
And value words are only the tip of the iceberg! Our culture is so much more than words on a poster, we are all dedicated to making Tacton a great place to work. We may describe our culture as “casual” with little hierarchy, and no “big egos”. We value effort and celebrate successes. We treat each other kindly and we politely disagree with no hard feelings.
You may find that Tactonites come from many different parts of the world, with many different stories and experiences. And we think that this diversity is part of what makes us great!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment that champions diversity. The more inclusive we are, the stronger we become.
As a Tactonite you will be welcomed with open arms (even virtually), and we have a comprehensive onboarding program that lets you get up to speed on everything Tacton does. We look forward to receiving your application. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we consider applications on a rolling basis.
Tacton is a leading Software as a Service company trusted by global manufacturers. We got started in the late 1990’s when six computer scientists figured out a revolutionary way to help Manufacturers overcome their most business-critical, product configuration challenges. Since those early days, we have grown to support global manufacturers seeking to thrive in a changing world.
We invite you to find out more about us @ www.tacton.com/about